The first CAC Future Climate Forecast will discuss important issues for those of us on Florida’s west coast:
- Hurricanes: how often and how dangerous?
- Sea Level Rise: how much and how quickly?
- Red Tide: will it become a new normal?
- Seasonal Temperatures: day and night temperature trends
- Unlikely but high impact events: what are the risks of extreme events?
- Investing: risk and opportunity in a changing climate
Experts and scientists will discuss the forecasts and how they were developed.The forecasts will be informative, understandable and useful, in a format not unlike daily weather forecasts. We think of these forecasts as the first operational climate forecasts for our region.
CAC’s first Future Climate Forecast is a prototype for next generation climate forecasts going forward. We envision these annually updated forecasts providing decision-making guidance for individuals, businesses and governments.
Stay tuned for more details on this groundbreaking event! Ticketing information coming soon!
Date: November 19, 2021
Start time: 10:00 a.m. EDT
End time: 04:00 p.m. EDT
Venue: University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee